'Drake did it!' Chris Brown talks to cops as it's claimed rival threw glass then bottle
Brown's attorney claims evidence has been handed to police that clearly nails Drake

Chris Brown has told police that Drake kicked off Thursday's nightclub chaos over Rihanna, his attorney has revealed.

"I turned over evidence that clearly demonstrates that it is Drake who instigated all of this. I think it's clear that the cops view Chris, (bodyguard) Pat and (girlfriend) Karrueche as victims," said attorney Mark Geragos.

Drake threw a glass and then the champagne bottle, a source close to the case added.

Brown received “numerous” stiches and Karrueche, his girlfriend Karrueche Tran, was treated for a concussion. Bodyguard Big Pat, who was taken to Bellevue, had 18 stiches to treat his head injury, the source added.

Bullets as well as bottles may have been flying at Manhattan hotspot where a mad melee erupted over Rihanna, police said Friday.

“We are investigating the possibility of gunshots fired at the club,” NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said. “We have several eyewitnesses telling detectives they heard what they believed to be shots fired during the disturbance. We have several witnesses who said they heard a sound they believed was a gunshot.”


So far, however, cops  have found no evidence at the W.I.P. club in SoHo to back up the claims, sources said.

Meanwhile Rihanna, the sexy singer who sparked the fierce fracas between the posses of rapper Drake and R&B singer Chris Brown, was spotted living it up Thursday night at yet another club with some girlfriends and celebrity pals.

Joining Rihanna at The 40/40 club on West 25th St., which is owned by the rapper Jay-Z, were celebrity friends Maxwell and Trey Songz.

Both men had been at W.I.P. the night before when Team Brown and Team Drake duked it out.

Among the injured was NBA star Tony Parker, who told TMZ.com that he got hit in one eye with shards of broken glass.

At least four others at W.I.P. were injured by broken glass after clubgoers began hurling bottles and bashing each other with them.
@chrisbrown/via Twitter
Twitter photo of Chris Brown showing a cut on his chin after an alleged fight with Drake.
As police probed the bloody violence, City Council Speaker Christine Quinn called for an emergency meeting with the NYPD and representatives of the “nightlife industry” to find ways to prevent patrons from using liquor bottles as weapons.

“The purpose of this meeting is to send a clear message to all nightclub patrons that bottles cannot be used as weapons,” Quinn said.

Earlier Friday, police arrested the Jonathan Cantor, who manages the joint upstairs from W.I.P. club.

Cantor, 46, of Livingston, N.J., was busted after police responding to neighbors complaining about the noise at his club, Greenhouse, discovered he had two outstanding warrants, they said.

Jonathan Cantor, Manager of Club WIP, is taken from the 1st Precinct to Cen tral Booking after his arrest on outstanding warrants.

Cantor was hit with a summons for blocked fire exits at Greenhouse and a liquor code violation after fruit flies were found in bottles of liquor, sources said.

The outstanding warrants were for  previous bar-related citations going back to 2003 that were never settled.

So far Cantor and the club have been mum about every aspect of the fight, which left Brown with a chunk of skin missing from his chin, his bodyguard with his head split open, and an Australian tourist needing 16 stitches to close the gash in her head.

But police are likely to use Cantor’s legal woes as leverage to pry out information.
via Instagram
Brown, his model girlfriend Karrueche Tran, and injured bodyguard have been questioned by police, but the singer — apparently fearful of being labeled a snitch — is now insisting he never saw Drake inside the club.

This despite Brown‚Äôs  tweets after the brouhaha in which he directed insults at Drake for ‚ÄúThrowing  bottles at girls‚Äù and ‚Äúhiding in the bathroom.‚Äù

Those Tweets and the photo of Brown’s battered chin were later removed.

Drake’s rep has issued a statement insisting that the hip-hop star “did not participate in any wrongdoing of any kind.” He has not yet been questioned by police.

Police are continuing to review security video from the club and its ID entrance system that logs the name of every guest. They have not yet charged anybody with a crime.

Also, a Long Island lawyer named Steven Gaitman was the first out of the box with  the announcement that he is suing  the club and the warring posses on behalf of Howard Clement of Brooklyn, who said he was hurt in the fight.

Gaitman gave few details about his client or how he was hurt.

“As far as the extent of his injury, Howard is seeking medical attention and we decline to comment further at this time,” said Gaitman, whose past clients include a Port Authority cop who claimed 9/11 trauma made him videotape an 11-year-old girl taking a shower.
TMZ.com / Splash News/TMZ.com / Splash News

A female clubber shows off her injuries after she was hit by a flying bottle in the alleged nightclub brawl between Chris Brown and Drake's entourages.

The festering feud between Brown, 23, who is on probation for beating songstress Rihanna, and Drake, 25, who dated Rihanna after she dumped Brown, erupted into open warfare Thursday in the packed club.

It began after Drake, who arrived with a 15-member entourage, rejected a peace offering from Brown — a $2,000 bottle of Ace of Spades champagne.

The rejection was accompanied by a nasty note, police sources said.

It read: “I’m still f------ Rihanna.”

The Greenhouse bar in Soho.

Witnesses said Drake, who was sitting on the other side of the club, also flipped the bird at Brown.

Minutes later, the witnesses said, five members of Drake’s crew peeled off their shirts and went after Brown, who had been partying with Tran and his posse.

Brown was reportedly punched in the face and cracked with a bottle. Cops said he tried to leave, but Drake’s peeps blocked his path.

More bottles began flying like missiles through the club, showering partygoers with glass shards.

Aussie Megan Cassidy, 23, took one to the head and was knocked unconscious.

Cops were summoned by a 911 call made at 4:16 a.m. Thursday. By the time they got there, the club was in shambles — and both Brown and Drake were gone.

With Debbie Truong and Carson Griffith.

Read more: